Sunday, November 11, 2012

IN THE COMPANY OF DREAMERS


If you're new to the world of entrepreneurship, then there's one tip you should remember -- 
KNOW YOUR MARKET.
I've been a bazaarista for 5 years now but I have to admit, my sister and I still have oopsie moments when it comes to choosing the bazaars to participate in.
One oopsie moment just happened last week during a big gamers' event in World Trade Center.
There were lots of people, yes, but WERE THEY THE RIGHT PEOPLE?
Unfortunately, NO…a lesson I learned the hard way…
During the event, I wasn't able to recover the rent cost...plus...
(WAIT FOR IT....)
My beloved IPad was stolen.
I seriously cried for days…as if my boyfriend and I broke up.
“Why me?”, I wondered.
They say because more blessings will come my way.
I surely hope so.

"YOU ARE EXACTLY 
WHERE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE."

So, where exactly am I right now?
At home…with my new Samsung Note 2…still high from the just concluded 10A Alabama Arts and Crafts fair.
If there’s one silver lining from my IPad tragedy, it’s that I was able to take better photos of the event with my new gadget. Yey!


Popjunklove at the fair :) We had ice candies!!! :)


For crafters and artists who want a venue for their handmade creations, this is, definitely, the event to be in.
First, the rent cost is minimal.
Second, the people who visit the fair are ‘the’ right people.
By this, I mean, people who can appreciate handmade and would not hesitate to shower you with praises.
Whether or not you profited from the event may not matter as much at the end of the day.
Sincere compliments are something you can’t put a price tag on, don’t you agree?




Another thing that sets this fair apart from other bazaars is that you get to interact with the brains behind a wonderful business.
You know me…I’m a junkie for success stories so just imagine how elated I am to be in the company of dreamers.
Some hope to eventually quit their jobs to do the business full-time in the comforts of their own homes.
Others, like me, already left their jobs and are in the process of making their new set-up work. 
There were lucky ones as well…those who had already made it work and are now on their way to their dream life.
Inspiring stories, really. 
Imagine…I shelled out just few bucks for the rent fee and I went home feeling like a millionaire.
Lucky, lucky me.


From top left to bottom right: Tita of What If, Carla of St. Rebel, Krissy and her miniature houses
Andrei and Sheina of Hocus, Nikki of Junk Studio, Olive for Olive Cubes and Hatah Hatah
Denise of Simone's Closet, Pretty girls of Itchy Hands, Geli of Pop Pins, Denver and his illustrations
Shani of Aromateria, Gela of Bohemian Gulaman (gelahachero@yahoo.com) and Dang of Cafe Rennais (cafe_rennais@yahoo.com), Gino and Michelle of Eureka Designs (eurekadesigns@yahoo.com)

Mariel of Sitting Pretty, Femi of Gawa ni Femi, Arlene of Artefact
Kish of Kartwheel, Sichi of Sapin Sapin and Miyu of Krafty Pirates, Job of Una (una@unatoys.com), Kris of Thingamabobs
Shaina of Renaissance Avenue, Alejo and Aytin of Orig-Kami, Kathrina and Isabel of 23060
Mansi of Hey Kessy, The "Rubbertree" family, Mary of Takatak Project
Joy of Handy Dandy Studio, Russel of Culture, Alex of Rubber Ducky
Joyce of Monsterella Plush Art, Jacklyn of I am Handmade,  Jamie of Bite-Size Accessories
Andrea of Encanta, Celina of Sweetleaf, Fara 


Oh I cried over the weekend again.
Such a crybaby, I know.
To be able to inspire someone to not just dream but DREAM BIG is another reason why this Alabama fair is extra special for me and my sister.
We told our friend, Kish, to join.
It’s his first time.
Just reading how he described his business was enough to move me and my sister to tears.


KARTWHEEL is a collection of artworks, crafts, and everything else
that spins the wheels of our imagination and creativity.

It is a venue for the things that drive us to learn more about ourselves
and what we can create using our mind and body.




Dream big loves,
Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. Hello there Roma! I have been one of Popjunklove's fan since the ETC flea market. I can feel your passion for handmade products for I know how difficult it is to work hard with your own bare hands and how focused one should be to execute something well. I am now taking myself busy into jewelry making while working in the office. ;) There are just times that someone has to tap and inspire me in doing so because I got a little preoccupied with other things. And you're one of those inspirations especially when I see your updates on my newsfeed. Hope I will be joining the 10A Alabama in the future. More power to you and other crafters! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Paula :) You guys are our inspiration as well...knowing that our story help push other people helps us push ourselves as well. :)

      Delete
  2. awww Roma I agree wth this entire post! :) and thanks for my photo kahit haggard na ako haha! buti ka pa you're so fast in blogging. haha!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob denise. I don't blog daily but when something important happens, i try my best to write about it as soon as I can para feel na feel :)

      Delete
    2. haha korek! :) I love your blog nga eh :) I suddenly missed you tuloy pati si Maan :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Roma!

    It was great to finally have met you! I've heard about you and Popjunklove from Geli and Ella of Pop. It was my first time to join a bazaar, and I really liked the whole vibe and atmosphere of the 10a Alabama arts and crafts fair. I honestly was not prepared and didn't have a lot to sell, so I was surprised when people started showing interest in what I had to offer! It was nice meeting fellow crafters like you who serve as inspiration for those like me who are just starting out in making business out of our craft.

    Congratulations, and of course, I will add you to my roster of inspirational blogs!

    Cheers!

    Joy/Yoj of HandyDandy Studio :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I'm super suuuuuuper inggit i wasn't able to join this time! Huhuhu. But Im so happy for you and for all the Alabamers! :) Looks like everyone had a blast! Looking forward to joining again next fair :) Baka sakali makabili din ako ng Samsung note haha! Love love your blog Roma, positive vibes each post! Keep it up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roma!

    It was really great meeting you and your sister, I'm such a huge fan of your stuff! :)
    Hope to see you around soon!

    <3
    Drea

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were there! :) I think we saw your sister at your booth. If we had more budget we could've bought the minion and jake! :) I and the boyfriend also love Kish's artworks, for the boyfriend's also into sculpture, particularly scrap metal. 10a alabama is handmade paradise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right- great pictures! I usually make it a point to come by when there's an Alabama Arts and Crafts fair but this time I was not able to make it. Next time! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)