Monday, March 12, 2012

REFRAIN FROM SAYING NO

Business owners often pay thousands for a study on their target market.
Surveys, feedback forms, interviews are just some of the things business moguls do to get a feel of what their customers want.
Small business owners, though, lack the resources to conduct such an in depth study of their clientele.
Often, it takes them years and a couple of costly mistakes to know exactly what their clients want.

Here's how I hurdled this dilemma.


I JUST SAY YES.


"Do you still have a 2x8 red, lego brick necklace?"
"No, sorry...we're out of stock."

"Can you put a ribbon on my plushie?"
"No, sorry...you can only choose from the ones available."

These were my usual conversations with customers back when I was still working full time as a reporter.
Back then, I just didn't have the time nor the strength to accommodate their requests.
This probably explains why my small business remained just a "small" business.
Saying no to customers is like closing opportunities for growth...
...Owners staying in their comfort zones...oblivious to the obvious.

When customers request for something...it's their unconscious way of letting you know what they want.
Why pay thousands on an analyst when your customers themselves are already telling you EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT?
Listening to their requests also saves you time.
Instead of spending hours brainstorming on what products to invest on to expand your shop, your customers are already telling you EXACTLY THE PRODUCTS TO INVEST ON.





I must say...
It feels good when I say YES to customers.
First, because I make my customers happy...
Second, because I learn.





Meet Maxine's Harry, Jamie's Bumble and Sparkle, Miyu's Mochi and Maxine's Fiz :)
Know their stories here


And besides, being a full time entrepreneur gives me loads of free time..so I really have no excuse to say no.
What else will I do? :)



Loving the word YES,





Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought about it before, but you are clearly right. Many tv commercials leave me wondering who came up with them becauswe they make me NOT want to buy the item. It was probabl an expensive consultant's idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...And referrals are the best advertisements...make your customers happy and they will, willingly and without knowing it...advertise your products for you. Beats any ad! :)

      Delete
  2. aaaaamen! in this industry where competition is so stiff, one CANNOT afford to say no talaga. we have to go the extra mile to give what our clients want. totally can attest to this! another great piece :)


    xx
    eden
    www.chicinthetropics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks eden! :) Glad a co-entrepreneur agrees!

      Delete
  3. for some reasons, i am just hooked up with your writings! we'll be stalking your blog from now on! please love me.

    JC
    ferreroandfate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I LOVE THOSE PLUSHIESSSSS AND NEED SOME IN MY LIFE. Where can I get them??? :)

    Please join my giveaway if you haven't yet:
    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com/2012/03/asian-vogue-giveaway-for-merry-month-of.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)