Friday, February 17, 2012

REGRETS

Yesterday, I watched Ballet Manila's "Lab Ko 'To" Valentine Special at the Aliw Theater with my mother and sisters.
If my memory is correct (usually it isn't)...this is my first time to watch a full-blown ballet performance.






The whole time...I was thinking...
WHAT IF I PURSUED MY FIRST LOVE...


Dance!


There are a lot of things in life that I regret.
Being half-baked in most aspects of my life is one.
Half-baked dancer...half-baked tennis player...half-baked Ultimate player
Half-baked employee...half-baked entrepreneur.

The half-baked employee-entrepreneur I already tried to correct by quitting my job and committing to doing my business full-time.

But still...
...the many business opportunities I let go because I failed to act on a number of my ideas...continue to haunt me up to now.

For instance...
You know the show, "Extreme Makeover"...?
They contacted us in 2010.
We were, however, too busy with our day jobs...
we weren't able reply immediately.





It would have been nice to see how our scrabble pillows make one deserving family happy... :(



Photo by Cel Tacayon-Bueno



Last week...
I saw a new local business that does DIY as well.
I'm happy it's doing well.
I'm just little bit sad because my sister and I were already thinking of doing a similar collection before.
We, however, failed to act on the idea because again, we were half-baked entrepreneurs then.


Complete article here


BUT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE, RIGHT?
We can always choose to change for the better.

NO MORE IDEAS GOING TO WASTE.
TODAY, I WILL MAKE!


From this...

To this...



Popjunklove's latest LEGO POUCH Collection


"GIVE IT YOUR ALL...IF NOT...
WHAT'S THE POINT?"


Going all out,



Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. The one positive thing about having regrets is that you learn and grow from them. You're one heck of an entrepreneur, Ate Rom! Continue to fill the world with your fun and quirky crafts. You'll never know who you'll inspire next. <3

    P.S. love the nuggets and the dip! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you chriscel! that means a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. That lego thing is cute!! How creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chriscel is right. You know, I do feel like I regret a lot of decisions in my life but because I don't want to live with regrets, what I do for myself is to push hard for what I "decided" to do, whatever that may be para di ko na i-regret not doing what I think I should've.

    That was how some of the things I've been doing today, ganito yung nangyayari kasi I just push so hard. Sinasabi ko kasi sa sarili ko, I can't burden myself na of what ifs so nandito ako now, bobonggahan ko dito!!! haha ganun ang aking self pep talk. :)

    Hope it helps. I feel like a half-baked entrepreneur too with F-STOP but I'll just keep on going. I love your works and I'm sure more things will come your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks melai. yes, your advice is a big help! :)

      Delete
  4. WHAT?! You are so not half-baked. I am more half-baked than you, I promise. You have accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you be half-baked meream!!! That mini-world you're creating is just ahhh-mazing!

      Delete
  5. It's hard to imagine you being half-baked...you just hadn't found the thing you wanted to devote yourself to before. My dad wanted me to be a tennis player--so he could be my manager. I didn't want that. I would have liked to be a baseball player, but I couldn't hit a curveball. So I moved on to something else--like you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone, aka me, is backreading your posts!

    This really hit home. I'm reminded of the projects I promised myseld and even friends that I would make, which either ended up looking less than stellar or not being finished at all. Nakakahiya sa kanila, but I was more disappointed in myself. It went on for years until recently when I decided I'd heed my mom's advice: be the task great or small, do it well or not at all! And that was also one of the reasons I quit my last job, to use my time trying to make up for what I had failed to deliver by making things with more patience and determination.

    Drama, pero true hehe.

    Anyway, out of curiosity, since you're from UP (I am, too) and you're friends with Melai and Bestie AND you mentioned you dance, I want to ask if you're part of UP Streetdance Club?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi womeyn! Thanks for dropping by my blog! :) I wish I was a UP streetdance but unfortunately...Not! :) Bestie was my former officemate in RPN9 and Melai was a former OJT there! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)