Wednesday, January 11, 2012

RICHER

There are a lot of debates on how to be successful.
Most emphasize the need for unwavering focus and delayed gratification.

For me though,  I believe there's a way to be successful without sacrificing your happiness.
I believe that life is too short to choose one over the other.

Money, yes, is one indicator of success.
It doesn't, however, automatically make you a happy person in an instant.
Yes, I may have lost a few digits to my name now that I'm unemployed but I still feel so much richer and happier.



Wearing my soda can necklace creation
Yes, that me's smiling with pride :)



I can't wait to wake up in the morning to make and to learn.
I sleep a little later than before because I can't wait to finish what I've started.
I may seem busier now but I still feel so much happier...

That's because I LOVE WHAT I DO.




To save, I rarely buy...I make!
To name a few... DIY Tassels and DIY Shop signs


Plus, there's an additional perk of having control over my life.
I don't have a boss to tell me this or that...
I don't have a boss to tell me I can't go somewhere because my leave was not approved.


HAVING THE POWER TO CHOOSE WHO I WANT TO SPEND MY TIME WITH AND WHEN...is for me, THE DEFINITION OF SUCCESS.



My first visit to Enchanted Kingdom 

My first attendance to our annual family reunion after 3 years

3 birthday celebrations in a span of 7 days


PS:
I still want to be rich...literally...someday.
(Just needed to declare it in case I got the Universe confused)



Richer and happier in spirit,


Pin It Now!

13 comments:

  1. One thing you've got it right Dear ... YOU'RE LIVING YOUR LIFE DELIBERATELY, INTENTIONALLY!!

    That's one GIANT SUCCESS!! Way to go and may more success knocks on your door each day.

    Keep up the positive thinking, optimism, enthusiasm and not forgetting the thankfulness. Simply remember that your outer reality is the mirror of your inner world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. APIR!

    I'm super broke but I'm not miserable at all. I love my pseudo job as a writer.

    Here's to us in 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! :) I keep reading your entries as well :) Keep waiting for those tips on how to survive unemployment :D

      Delete
  3. For me, success is synonymous with happiness. If you are happy with what you are doing, then you are successful.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like so much this post. Well done.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's definitely true that it's hard to have a family AND work hard at the same time. it's probably possible but i can't imagine how anyone can truly be good at both and dedicate equal time to each. something has to give. it's been a long journey for me, but choosing my kiddos has been something i've grown to appreciate. i do miss working and my job, but i'm happy! you have a good outlook and realistic expectations!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really do look happy claire :) I'm happy you made the right decision :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)