Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'LL BE GOING TO BUKIDNON!

Yes, I'm going to Bukidnon over the weekend for a provincial league.
It will be my first trip to Southern Philippines in my entire 28 years of existence.
I've been to places when I was still a reporter but never in Mindanao.
ANOTHER FIRST FOR ME...
YEY!


Waterfall within the Kalatungan Mountage range
Image from here


In light of these developments, I'd like to share with you a post I wrote last year after our provincial league in Dumaguete.
It was my first provincial league as an Ultimate player and it was really an experience to remember.



MY 1ST DUMAGUETE EXPERIENCE






There are 365 days in a year and often times, we remember only a few.
This year, I’m sure my 5 days in the place called Dumaguete will be among those I would not have a hard time recalling.




I seldom slept during that 5-day period. 
Scared I might miss a witty remark, a funny antic, or a green joke from my witty, funny, and green-minded teammates.
 I tried to sleep…though I soon realized the futility of the effort.
With teammates and friends coming in and out of our unlocked door,
 jumping on and off the bed I could no longer claim as my own…
sleeping is an impossibility.
“What the hell?“, I thought.
“I could always sleep in Manila.”





“Walang malisya” (No malice) is a phrase I heard a thousand times there.
“Good”, I thought.
With guy friends who don’t know the concept of “this-is-the-girls'-bedroom”, 
anyone would be forced to get used to the fact that boys and girls hang out in the same bed, 
killing time…waiting for another shot of gin.
When a teammate texted me upon arrival in Manila that he already got attached to the Dumaguete people, I thought, “Who wouldn't be attached? We almost chained ourselves to one another!"

Fake sleep. Hang-out. Eat. Play. Party. Drink. x 5 days = Attachment.





So why is it that there are 365 days in a year and often times, we remember only a few?
It is because those are the days when we took the chance, change our routines, and felt new…different.
If that’s the case, I think the appropriate follow up question would be– 
Why do people endure more than 300 forgettable days in a year 
when it's obvious the ones that matter are those spent outside their office cubicles?

I just hope I'll be able to remember this question next time I'm faced with the same dilemma 
of choosing between saving money and enjoying five days of Dumaguete ...
...Because right now...
there isn't a single doubt in my mind that there are just some things in life that one can't put a price tag on.







PS:
I have already quit my job and will be enjoying my entire 365 days of 2012 outside my office cubicle.
PS, PS:
It was in Dumaguete where I first met my guy. :) This year, I'll be enjoying Bukidnon with him.



LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST...


Pin It Now!

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo! See you in Malaybalay, Bukidnon, Roms! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you! Na-BI ako so booked last-minute (as usual). But I'm not playing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ang sarap mong i-BI tish! haha! nagpapaBI ka talaga! yey! Ill see you dance partner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great experience, I'm sure this trip will be even more memorable.

    You're smart, when a couple really thinks about winning and losing in the relationship, there will be only losing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so exciting about your trip! i hope you and your guy enjoy it. looks like a beautiful place!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg!!! so exciting! i've never been there but i've always wanted to go! So I'm so happy for you! :) yaaay!

    http://samalamode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw your other post. did you go to kalatungan? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi bal :) no..unfortunately.. :( we only stayed in Malaybalay :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awp! too bad..but it's okay, the trip from CdO to Malaybalay is already a good treat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we came though aftermath of the typhoon :( sad lang to see some scenes of devastation.. it took us around5 hours from CDO to Malaybalay because some roads were under construction..

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)