Friday, January 20, 2012

BUSINESS TIPS FROM A NON-BUSINESS MAJORl

"Aaaaahhhhh!!!"
I heard kids scream as they run towards our display of products.

"This is soooooo cuuuuuutttttttttte!!!"
Some even seem like they're going to have a heart attack.

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God."
(With matching hand on their chest and eyes so wide..they looked like their going to pop out)

It's obvious my products got their attention.
Often times that's a dream come true.
On that day, though, I need them to FOCUS ON ME.
It was my first time to give a lecture to students on entrepreneurship...and I'm determined to give them my two cents worth.





"Don't be afraid to try out an idea. You'll never know if it's a good or a bad idea unless you try."

"I know, I know. You're scared of the cost a bad business idea entails. But in today's era, there are lots of ways to save. One can open an online shop and see first if the idea has potential before investing more resources on the venture."


I LOVE NUGGETS launching in Poveda


"Products in the market today are teaching people to be lazy. You don't have to buy all the stuff that your store need. You can make do with the stuff you have at home."


DIY tarp and table cloth, handwritten paper bowl captions


"A bad idea executed is better than a good idea that remains just an idea."

"You don't need to be a business major to do business. Anyone could have a great idea that they could offer to the market."


"JUMP!"
"Follow your dreams."
"Life is too short to have regrets."





SOLD OUT!!! Thanks Povedans! :)


The words just flowed.
I had no ready module.
I just knew what to say and when to say it.
I felt CONFIDENT.


That's me! :)


I looked at my audience and to my surprise...
It appears I was still competing with my products for attention.

I gave out a sigh and thought, "I might not be able to win this one."




Popjunklove felt loved!


Suddenly, one girl breaks the silence.
"Yey!", I thought..someone might be listening after all.

Determined not to disappoint her with my answer, I gave this one student all my attention.
"Do you have any question about the business?", I asked, a little too eagerly.

"Miss..."

(I can't wait for the question!)
(I'm so excited!)
(This is it!)

"I like your lashes."


at the lecture with my guy



Hoping that they at least learned how to upcycle,


Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks lei for sharing our page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. right, right? :) that's what we thought also! :)

      Delete
  3. Hahahahahaha! That is gold, what she said. But really, you are a real inspiration. I bet you changed lives :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you Meream! :) Thank you for the kind words :) I bet I changed their beauty routines...from natural to fake lashes!

      Delete
  4. You were speaking from your heart, so it made an impact on them. It was sweet of you to reach out to the kids.

    By any chance does your BF have a paypal account? The money I owe you is burning in my pocket. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi rick..thank you :)

    'bout the paypal acct, ill look for a friend who has one :) thank you :) i still owe you pictures! :) our friend from iligan who distributed the dolls have yet to post the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roma! I couldn't leave a comment so i'll just reply here, hope you don't mind. :) I LOVE this post b/c this is everything that I encourage others to do as well... Dream and actually DO! You won't get anywhere if you don't try. :) Happy that you were able to inspire many kids... even if just with your lashes. hahaha! So cute.

      Delete
  6. babe, you're so gorgeous lang! and hey-- just like the talk i made, i'm sure you made an impact as well on these budding entrepreneurs. nice lang sa feeling no?


    xx
    eden
    www.chicinthetropics.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to my alma mater. Haha. I had to give a career talk a few times--one time, before I got married, they were more interested in finding out about how I met my then-fiance and how he proposed. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)