Wednesday, December 14, 2011

MY CINDERELLA MOMENT

It was past 12 already.
I elbowed my way past security towards what seems to be a very, very distant destination then.

"Shoot! I'm late!"

With one hand on my skirt, I prepared myself for a sprint.

"Ready. Get set. Go!", I thought.

For a few seconds, it seemed my dash for dear life will continue without let up...
Then, a THUD!

Yes, it was me almost falling to the ground after my shoe got stuck to a God-knows-what protrusion on the cold, cement floor of the PICC Forum Tent.

Oblivious to the stares, I focused my attention to the guy walking towards me with what seems to be a shoe on one hand.

"Miss...", he said.
"Yes?", I said, still breathless from my almost-fall.
"You need to buy new shoes."


On his hand was the sole of my now retired flats.
Yup, an ugly version of the classic Cinderella glass slippers.
Good thing he was not prince charming.


My Cinderella story still had a happy ending though.
First, I got a good excuse to buy a new pair of shoes.




Second, I already have a prince.



Your modern day Cinderella,

Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. A prince is great centerpiece to build around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new flats! :)

    Love your recent posts. So full of love. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks lei :) I also watch out for your posts. Since we're both freelancers, i find your adventures quite inetresting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, this is such a cute story! and love the pictures!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blog girl!!!

    You follow me and i follow back :) check out http://jtomasfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks j! :) ill check out your site soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - The dad in me is very happy that your instinct was to hold your skirt before running.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS II: I think you were on your way to the next life too. I believe you willed your way back, with God's help--and I'm glad you did. You're a wonderful person and I'm very happy we've met.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaw mejo kahiya yung pagkadapa. Yesterday I was wearing my sexiest heels then boom. Dapa! Nakakahiya. Kainis. Wa-poise. Haha. I remembered when you talked about this.

    Pero cheesy ng huli aaaah! Hahahah :)

    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  10. melai, are your heels okay??? hahaha :) kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, so cute! :)


    JOIN MY HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY SERIES!

    WIN Pur Minerals Essentials Collection Kit from Rustan's
    WIN T. Le Clerc Banane Powder from Rustan's
    WIN Forever21 goodies and a Satchel from Gifts Ahoy
    www.fashioneggplant.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute the photos! love it ;-) you look happy
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling
    visit <3
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)