Wednesday, April 6, 2011

STANDING OUT VS BLENDING IN

I often get laughed at or stared at 'cause of my choice of outfit.
I kind of got used to it already.
There are times though when I need to think of a positive affirmation just to get me through the jokes.

"Better to be overdressed than underdressed!"...
"Life is too short to blend in!"...
...are just some of the quotes I think of every time I have to endure some teasing.

So when I'm with friends who love to dress up like me...
I TREASURE THOSE MOMENTS.


To my officemates, Phoebe and Joyce...
I'm so glad you guys insisted on seeing me in Boracay.






Gorgeous Joyce in Blue hat, Beautiful Phoebe in White

For giving me those few moments I could just be my glorious (irritating to many) self in this paradise...
THANK YOU GIRLS!!!




Here's to more glorious, beautiful moments together!!! :)

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. you're right, lifes definitely too short to blend in! good for you for being who you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And better to be yourself rather than being who other people think you should be. Actually, they love you the way you are and don't mean anything by the teasing. But that kind of teasing sends a message that you should change.

    Go Roma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks kym! i still can't get over your tea date! the food looks so yummy!!!

    ric, I know they love me...it's just that sometimes...it's tiring to justify why i'm so dressed up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you girls are gorgeous!!! what's wrong with standing out? we are individuals :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just meant they probably don't realize the negative impact of their teasing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you dress as YOU! You are so wonderful and unique. I'm glad you aren't afraid to shine:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ric, yep...sometimes they really don't :(

    maggeygrace, there are hesitations sometimes but my side which wants to dress up always win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never need to justify, just be your fabulous self!:D I think they just pick on you because they love you. (Di ba, Jameds?:D) I think my teammates find it weird when they perceive me to be all dressed up (pero casual pa lang by Summit standards. I work with the Preview girls--nuff said!). Typical conversation--
    Teammates: "May lakad ka?"
    Me (mejo confused): "Wala."
    Teammates (mejo gulat): "Ah, OK."
    Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos! I LOOOVE the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tish! That's why we're dance partners! Birds of the same feather... !!! :)

    Lei, the bright orange was purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi! you're so pretty! my husband is from Taytay. neighboring town tayo. nice blog dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say, "Who cares what they say... you look amazing, anyway!" Pero Tisha is probably right, they just love you, that's why. I have friends who pick on me all the time, but I know it's just because they love me hahaha!

    I'm so jealous! I haven't been to the beach and I can't go and don't think I would ever get the chance to do so until later next month. I hope summer somehow extends to June-July... I wanna see the beach!

    p.s. you're so "hot" for the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. crickette! thanks :) i'm sure your patients would understand that even dentists deserve a break. just tell them to brush their teeth thrice while you're sunbathing in boracay or something :) haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)