Thursday, April 28, 2011

OH MY! HOW YOU'VE CHANGED

My first visit after four years...
Oh my...how you've changed...




Your house which used to be my second home...looks more like a rest house now.
Still homey, yes ...but different.






The backyard where my sister and I used to play seems bigger...
The aratilis* tree which we used to climb...
...and the bahay kubo* which we transformed into our playhouse...are all gone now.






The familiar picture frames still adorn your newly renovated home...




But more faces have been added to the bunch...
...signifying just how much our family have grown in the last four years.






But there are some things that remained the same...

You still pamper us with kiddie party treats as if we're still your 7-year old grandchildren who go gaga over your sweet-style spaghetti, hotdogs on stick with marshmallows, chicken lollipops and cupcakes.








Your son still makes a mean shrimp dish...






...and our other lolas* still love to help you out in the kitchen.






I don't know what I've done to deserve a day with you my dear Lola...
On that Black Saturday date, I didn't even reflect as much as I should have to get such a blessing from Up Above.

But I'm not complaining.
With my job requiring me to work even on Christmas Day...
I know such visits are rare...

So to our good and gracious God, THANK YOU!


We love you, Lola! :)


Were you able to spend your Holy week break with the people you love?


lola -- grandma
bahay kubo -- nipa hut
aratilis -- muntingia
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lola! I see a resemblance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? :) that's the first time I've heard such an observation..my lola's not my direct lola..my dad had a falling out with his parents when he was young. we considered those who took care of him then our real lolo and lola :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lola's are the best! they always have the best food too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks simply sumptious! Family get-togethers like this are really a great time reflect on our blessings.

    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree 100% fashioneggplant and wenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful house. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your wonderful family. Some of my best memories involve time @ my grandmother's house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ric :) it certainly looked different compared to her house we grew up in...but hey, it's the people who makes a house a home so yes, I have no complaints :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lolas food are always the best! Sounds like a great time! This makes me so home-sick!

    http://samalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. why sam? where are you based now? it's so hard to be away from home...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)