Saturday, April 9, 2011

ALONE FOR 4 YEARS

Yep, you read it right...been relishing my single blessedness for 4 years already.

Equipped with my trusty IPOD and speakers...
My Macbook a.k.a Mocha...
My e-book...
I was ready for hours of alone time in our small, corner Iskrambol booth in Rockwell.

It's been like that for years.
With only my thoughts as company...
I learned to survive, be content and feel genuinely happy ALONE. :)

As I was 'subtly' dancing to the beat of Jesse J's Price Tag,
My dear friend Map surprised me with a visit...




...and she stayed for hours...
The sun bid us goodbye and then without us realizing it, the clock struck 9pm.
"Time to go", Map said.

Just when I thought I'd be able to make use of my alone-time-survival-gadgets...
...another friend showed up...
...and then another...




It was also like that last Friday.
Even if they had their own plans for that night...
some found time to make me happy. :)





Just like the lines in one of my favorite Savage Garden songs, "Affirmation"...


I believe 
I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone...


...each could survive and be happy alone.

But like what my friends proved to me these past few days...
"I DON'T HAVE TO BE!"

Treasure your friends! :)
They're God's gifts!!! :D
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe that you're single roma, you're such a score! I'm sure that future guy will be super lucky to have you :) Nice to see you last time at the coachella bazaar!

    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. this deserves one big, Awww! :) your friends are sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends are our bros and sisses from different mommas and poppas! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right, you're never really alone. You've earned too many people who care about you for you to ever be truly alone.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and I have you guys!!! my heart goes out to you melai, fashioneggplant, lei and ric! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)