Sunday, February 20, 2011

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE


I’m sure this is a question many of us in RPN9 are asking.
I have a vision.
The long term I already got covered.
But after February 25, the reported sign off?
All I see is uncertainty.


Our former news desk wrote a letter addressed to us, RPN9 reporters. I’ll just quote the part that he issued directly to me.

From Powee's blog


After re-reading my entry about RPN9's reported privatization...
My mind suddenly wandered back in 2006 when my ex and I broke up. 
At that time, I seem to have an idea of what was happening but I demanded that he confirm it.
I wanted him to say it aloud. I demanded the truth from him.

But a wise friend asked me then, "Why do you need to hear it from him?" 
He said, "You already know what's happening. You could even feel it."
"Would his confirmation change anything?"
"He's already gone."




As of posting time, the RPN9 management has yet to face its employees to clarify the real status of the station's privatization.
Will the station sign off this week?
This is a question that continues to bother many regular and contractual employees in the office.

So for my reporters who my former supervisor claim look up to me --
MY ADVICE:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO HEAR THE IT FROM THEM.
YOU COULD CHOOSE TO EMPOWER YOURSELVES NOW.
MOVE ON.
FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS.
THE FUTURE IS ALWAYS BRIGHT FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.



Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Hear, hear! You all have your futures ahead of you. It will be okay Roma. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing I have to be strong for others makes it easier to be strong for myself too.

    When will someone be strong for me???

    When I need it, I guess. I just haven't needed it yet. But someday I will. We all do sooner or later. =)

    Lean on me, when you're not strong
    And I'll be your friend
    I'll help you carry on.
    For it won't be long
    'Til I'm gonna need
    Somebody to lean on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - It's amazing you remember the tape incident. I hope all the Ricolites don't do that to their kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, this is amazing. You are so inspiring! I think everyone struggles with the fear of going after their dreams. I know I do. You can do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. follow your dreams rowmie! =) take a big step now andlike what i've said "walang makakapagpatumba saa magagaling na tao na kamukha niyo". *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. ric, it would have been better if the song came with a voice...but it would have been scary if I suddenly click on your comment and then you started singing! hahaha...hmm...i see a vlog coming soon from my good friend ric. hahahaha

    maggeygrace, thanks so much. it means a lot coming from you who I learned from co-bloggers is an inspiration to many as well :)

    jme!!! you're here! you're here! miss you miss jamie! :) your story is living proof that we beautiful ladies of RPN9 has a future anywhere :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)