Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ONE HEARTBREAKING TESTIMONY

Okay, I grew up in a family where one parent just has this bad view of the government...with valid reasons I should say.
But I think he's negative enough for all of us so for me, I just accepted the fact that most are prone to corruption and move on.
As one rich entrepreneur said, playing the blame game is just a waste of time and effort.
Those who want to change the course of their fates prefer to act than point fingers.

MISS HEIDI MENDOZA, however, was different.
Rather than turn her back and move on...the former government auditor sounded the alarm on the alleged questionable transactions in the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
Mendoza, who used to work for the Asian Development Bank following her stint in government, gave this testimony today.


I AM NOW JOBLESS. 
I CANNOT LIVE SIMPLY.
MY HOUSE IS NOW DISTURBED BY THE PRESENCE OF SEVERAL SECURITY PEOPLE.
MY SECOND SON HAD A MILD HEART ATTACK.
MY DAUGHTER KEPT ASKING ME IF I STILL LOVE HER
BECAUSE I EXPOSED HER TO THIS KIND OF DANGER.

BUT I APPEARED BEFORE THE COMMITTEE IF ONLY 
TO TELL OUR FELLOW FILIPINO PEOPLE AND THE LOWLY SOLDIERS THAT NOT ALL FILIPINOS
ARE CORRUPT.

THIS MORNING...I TRY TO GIVE A FACE TO
THE ORDINARY FILIPINO WORKING AS MUCH
IN ORDER TO RAISE THEIR FAMILY
BUT KEEPING THE DIGNITY AND TRYING TO
ANSWER THE CALL OF THEIR FAITH.
  


We may not all be like MISS HEIDI MENDOZA...
But it doesn't mean we couldn't be inspired by one such inspirational lady.

Let's be inspired.
Let's be inspirations in our own ways! :D Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I love what you said! I think no matter what political side you're on, everyone should mutually support the current democracy running the country. Hate and hateful words goes no where and support is the only thing that's going to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Just those lines above are enough to give me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say about Heidi. I hope everything is going to be all right with her! I wished I could do something
    lots of love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)