Friday, January 21, 2011

THE GREEN HORNET

Okay...so I was supposed to write something about Season 10 of American Idol but since I just came from watching, "The Green Hornet", maybe I'll just start with that.

I hate spoilers so don't worry, this is not one.


I've heard of the super hero character, The Green Hornet, but I really had no clue who he was or what his superpowers are before the movie.

This is probably why I loved the film...because I really had no expectations whatsoever.
You know when you're a fan of a certain series or book...often you don't like the movie version? Fortunately, I was not in the said situation tonight and I'm glad.

It is a really funny film and a good movie to end a long hard week.
Though more on the comedy side...I still managed to get something out of it. :D

Stepping out of your comfort zone.
Seizing the day.
LIVING!!!

These basically sum up the theme of the story.
Much like American Idol. :)



Personally, I think the new judges, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, are too kind. I believe there's a time to be constructive and a time to be nice. Unfortunately though, most of the time...they're on the nice side. There's even a time when they said "YES!" after one Idol aspirant cried.

*sigh*

But the series is still something I look forward to watching.
It's about dreams and people GIVING THEIR ALL FOR THAT DREAM even to the point of PUBLIC HUMILIATION.
To all the aspirants...you're already an inspiration and an idol whether you bag the title or not.

Hmmm...
Hope I'll soon have the guts to follow mine.
It seems, right now, I'm only courageous when it comes to my fashion choices.

Despite being my friends' subject of ridicule
for the night, I still love what they claim
was my boho-hippie-Indiana Jones outfit.
Jumpsuit: Get Laud
Scarf/belt, bag: Thrifted
Headpiece: Ang Gara
Boots: Zara



Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. thank you so much for your encouraging comment! it really means a lot. and I agree with you! the Idol judges this season are too nice sometimes..haha. but I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season!
    I LOVe your Boho-hippie-indiana jones outfit. it's SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I'm glad someone agrees! My friends just don't agree with me sometimes! :D ..and about the comment...of course, we entrepreneurs need to look out for each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't seen the new season of AI! i'm kind of sad that simone is not a judge anymore :(

    anyway, love the outfit! :) definitely boho-inspired! btw, following you now ;)

    <3 hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hazel :) thank you :D hope you catch the first episode. it's being aired over and over, i think, at star movies :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the boots!

    Does Seth Grogen fight in the movie? I can't imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boots often get judgment looks here in the Philippines, Ric but I don't mind! I love them! :)

    Seth Grogen has his action scenes. :) But his partner often does everything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for ze outfit, love it Roma! (: and I loooved the movie, too; so damn funny. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi bestie! :) when's the anniversary of your blog again??? :) I wish you more happy blogging years to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)