Monday, January 24, 2011

CONGRESS REPORTER

"Now you could say...you've been to all beats."
This was what my boss said as a way of consoling me after his sudden announcement that he'll put me as the official reporter to cover Congress.

Technically...this is still not true because I have not yet experienced the graveyard and military beats but I opted to keep my mouth shut...
I don't like to wake up one morning with my boss saying, "As promised, I'll also assign you to the military and graveyard beats so you could TRULY say you've been EVERYWHERE."




I just recently read an entry about blogger authenticity from Brooke of wilywiley.
She underscored the importance of sincerity to get your message across to your readers.
Taking off from this point...
I wonder what I sincerely feel about this move...
Eat, Pray, Love Author Elizabeth Gilbert gave a good tip on expressing ones self.


PARLA COME MAGNI
"Say it like you eat it...
Say it as simple and as direct as Roman food."


I guess...the answer to my question is that the entrepreneur in me laments the fact that I might no longer have time to do business errands on work days...
The reporter in me (I want to believe) sees it as a challenge.
Whew!!! ...and what a debut I should say...


FIRST DAY SCHEDULE:
CONGRESSIONAL PROBE ON AN ALLEGED QUESTIONABLE PLEA BARGAIN AGREEMENT BETWEEN RP'S ANTI-GRAFT COURT 
AND A FORMER MILITARY OFFICIAL ACCUSED OF AMASSING 
AROUND 300 MILLION PESOS WORTH OF PUBLIC FUNDS


Anyway...that's a problem for later.
Right now, I'd prefer to relish my last day in the Special Reports beat.

To miss days when I have no crew and no coverage
Just me and Emmy stuck at the office, being vain :)
Accessory-making on work days
Blogging and coffee at the same time
Unfortunately today...I got the two mixed...literally
Spilled coffee on my Mac :(
the picture above shows my
my futile attempt to get the liquid to flow out
I'll name my MAC, MOCHA, from now on.

Hmmm...I wonder what I'll wear on my first day.




top/dress: Get Laud
leggings: Gozum
shoes: SM Parisian
belt: Cintura
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! So san na si Steph? (: aw, I hope Mocha is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. steph will cover the environment beat again! :) Mocha, seems fine...though I currently stripped her of her coffee soaked zebra get up :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since I dumped milk all over my computer (debacle of 2008), I've made a rule of myself to not have any liquids within a room of my computer. Good luck:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks maggey :D let's see if I could control myself and drink coffee somewhere else...but isn't blogging much more fun while drinking hot coffee... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Congress! You'll have no trouble getting interviews and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I hope so ric :) but I'm not that optimistic...like any newbie...the first few days are really tough :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. talk about taking on the challenge with that get up ate! haha, needed ba ang animal spirit to guide you sa first day? :D

    anyway, wawa naman si Mocha, ok na ba?

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's the get up I wore the day before my first day! *lol* I was at our clothes area scouting for outfits :D animal prints may be too much for congress but we'll see...I don't usually follow office dress codes anyway...*lol*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)