Monday, December 20, 2010

BROKEN PROMISES

"I might not make it for the reception but I promise I'll be there for the most important part...your I-DO's."

2:45pm and I was still in the cab, trying desperately to salvage what's left of the make-up I painstakingly put on an hour earlier.
"2:45pm"...it says there on the invite... "the bride will walk down the aisle."
I arrived at the Church 15 minutes after, quietly uttering my thanks to God while running up the Church's steps on four-inch heels.
"Good. Right on time for the ceremony."


Upon arrival at the Church door, nothing but silence.
Everywhere...signs a wedding was recently held there mocked me...
...then the realization I could no longer deny...

"I missed my friend's wedding."

Nuestra Senora de Gracia
I returned to our booth in Rockwell right after...ranting to anyone who was willing to listen.

"Good thing I didn't buy that beautiful but expensive headpiece. 
It might have been more embarrassing arriving at an empty church...overdressed."

No joke. I could wear this wonderful headpiece from Hot Momma even on a normal day.
I just didn't because I might be tempted to wear this on my friend's wedding.
People, my critics say, might mistake me for the bride.
...and so my story-telling went on and on until...

"How come they weren't there?" My sister asked.
"I don't knoooow. The invite was clear... December 19, 3pm."

My sister's eyes almost popped out from shock.
"Ate, today's DECEMBER 18."


PS
I was still unable to attend the next day because I had an overnight out of town trip on the 18th.
I travelled back the next day on the same dress in the hopes of arriving on time but I was still an hour late.
Like my wedding blooper...I also broke one promise I made with you guys.
Do short posts on quotes I'd be able to gather over the weekend.

"GOOD IS THE ENEMY OF GREAT!"

- Jim Collins, "Good to Great"

To Rej, sorry. 
To all of you guys, sorry also.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. this just made my day. seriously. ROMA! whatever happened to you? hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mister or miss? anonymous... :) thanks...it really was funny...unfortunately not at that time. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! You're hilarious.
    Arriving overdressed would have been more fun, though. Very cinematrographic, with your heels click-clacking on the church steps... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend: I get back from Europe on the 6th.
    Me: You're kidding, right? My wedding is on the 5th!
    Friend: No it's not! It's on the 7th!!!
    Me: Uh, I think I would know when my own wedding is...

    It happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! =))









    -arjay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. Aw Roma. Andami mo yata masyadong iniisip eh. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe. I remember one time I went to Celebrity Sports Plaza in QC for a debut and there was nobody there. Turned out it was cancelled and bday girl forgot to tell me. Hassle. :P

    Anyway, you should definitely wear that headpiece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. meream...if I wore that headpiece...people might have mistaken me for the bride with no groom waiting for her down the aisle!

    tish, lei :) good to know I'm not the only one! :)

    bestie...I would not argue with you on that point! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, late to the same wedding two days in a row!!! Hehe, I've never heard of that before. But on the bright side, it is probably a good thing you were not on time the first day! =)

    And by missing the wedding, you didn;t have to worry about distracting people from the bride.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww...thanks ric! :) have you thought of destination topics to irritate your kids? *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gosh! this is so funny and sad... i dunno whether to be sad or happy about it! pero inferness, ganda sana nung headpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. crickette :) it's sad really because I haven't seen my high school friends for ages. good thing. my friend understood. that's what matters most to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)