Wednesday, December 15, 2010

BACK AT THE OFFICE

...and the only thing...I think...I really did miss was goofing around with my officemates.

I look like an orangutan here but heck, it captured the goofy moment, right? :)

Since my team didn't have a crew cab today...I didn't go out on field.
I just wrote this memo...


...and then drank cheap but delicious vendo coffee with Emmy. :)


...was trying to look for more compelling reasons to stay and be a reporter FOREVER but check out what I found instead...




treasures from the past...
an old Mercedes-Benz with antique goodies on its hood and seats


a wonderful antique TV set


an old-school high chair

Seriously, do we still have soda fountains nowadays? :)
I did this reason-hunting even after I read a few parts of Millionaire Robert Kiyosaki's book, "Before You Quit Your Job".


Kiyosaki quoted Harvard Professor Howard Stevenson who said...

"The reason most people who want to become entrepreneurs
remain employees is that 
they have some EXCUSE that keeps them from 
quitting their job and TAKING THAT LEAP OF FAITH.
  
FOR MANY PEOPLE, THE POWER OF THEIR 
EXCUSE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THEIR DREAMS."

The antiques may not have been good enough reason to keep me from quitting but as if LIFE was playing with me...look what I got TODAY!!!!

I got my first Christmas bonus because after 4 years in RPN,
I am officially a regular employee. Ironic huh?

Indeed, LIFE IS ONE BIG CHALLENGE.
Looking at the silver lining, I'm sure I'd come out of this slump a better and stronger person.
Whether I'll make the right choice or not, I have no doubt I'll be coming out of this with lessons I never would have learned had I not come across this fork in the road. :)

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Wowww bonus! Haha. Happy for you and the others, Romie! I hope it's a sizable abount naman? (; and, aww, year-end reports. Those were the bane of my existence. Haha. Pero kakamiss. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a sizeable amount...which explains why I didn't zoom in on the actual figure. hahaha :) but imagine...after another year...i'll get 5 months that I don't have to work for...haay...tempting tempting.

    bout the special reports, don't worry...they're the bane of our existence too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem like the type of person who will know when it's the right time to make a move--I don't think you will confuse reasons with excuses.

    I hope all the reporters cooperate and complete their assignments on time. If they don't, you could fill the airtime with clips of your reports from the past year.

    I love old TV sets that are also furniture and the old stereos--were they called "hi-fi's"??? I think I've heard that in movies. Anyway, antiques are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roma, I've been an intern in RPN. Dunno if you remember me though :) Found your blog through bestie's following you now. When I was an intern you were one of those who I truly admire. I think you make good scripts and news reports. Plus your hardworking character shines through :)

    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww...thanks for the vote of confidence ric :) bout the year end assignments, I don't think I could fill the airtime with clips of my past reports because our program might become ROMA news and I don't want that :) lol.

    bout the old tv sets...were there terms like hi-fis then?? i really have no idea. all I know is that they're oh so cute and I want to take all of them home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hi melai :) yes, I remember you..didn't know you're a fashion blogger as well. Good job on your blog. I believe you're an entrepreneur as well? Congrats! :) we have a lot in common then...hope you get something from this blog...the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur/reporter :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)