Tuesday, November 9, 2010

PENCIL TRIVIA

United States Ambassador to the Philippines Harry Thomas Junior gave a pop quiz to grade school students during the launching of his pencil distribution program in the country.


Ambassador Thomas in one of his pencil distribution activities. More here.
1st question:

By drawing a line using one pencil, how far can you go?

2nd question:

With one million pencils, how many times can you go around the world?

3rd question:

And how many pencils would you need to write a 100,000-word novel?


(SILENCE FROM STUDENTS)
In their defense, teachers of the school claimed the questions were for high school students.

MY OH MY.
I am working already and I still don't know the answer to these questions!
Better study how they ended up with these answers soon.
I don't want the Ambassador telling me also to... "Catch up on your readings".


ANSWERS

1. 55 kms
2. 1372 times
5. 3
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow cool trivia! :P
    I like that he gave away pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, first time I heard any official giving away PENCILS! I heard of school packs, notebooks, books but PENCILS!!? First time, for me, I must say :D Better memorize the answers lei! Hihee :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)