Thursday, September 30, 2010

FOOD TRIP SA BANCHETTO

It’s almost Friday again and I’d really feel guilty if that day comes without me writing about my awesome food trip experience…last Friday. :)

Against the backdrop of Banchetto

Dale wants Phoebe and Emman's Baby Potatoes

Have you heard of Banchetto? If yes, then it only proves I’m a loser. If no, then…whew!

Find out more about Banchetto here

If you have no plans for tomorrow yet…drop by Ortigas, Pasig City. There is a food bazaar in the area that opens every midnight of Friday and closes 11 the next morning. I am directionally challenged so I couldn’t really tell you exactly where. But just ask around. I’m sure everyone there knows where it is. BANCHETTO is THAT POPULAR.

If you come early, you may be lucky enough to catch how the food bazaaristas set up. It’s like a local amazing race. The event opens exactly 12 midnight, the same time the bazaaristas are allowed to set up. Just imagine…when the clock strikes 12…vendors carrying stuff that look too heavy to be carried run as fast as they can to their stalls. First to set up, of course, most likely gets most of the first batch of customers. Now that’s motivation.

Before the amazing race 

Customers line up

I have not seen anything like Banchetto in my life…as in…nothing like it in my 27 years of existence. There’s stall after stall of food…

Sushi and Maki...

                                                            
                                                                      
Hotdogs and Burgers….


Pasta and Pizza…

                                                         


Kebabs and Shawarma…

Cakes and Cookies….
                                                          
                                                            
All the Pinoy favorites you could imagine….

                                                           
                                                              
Name it. It’s probably there. PROBABLY because I wasn’t really able to scout the whole area. It’s THAT BIG.  It doesn’t help that people from all walks of life seem to be present as well. This made the whole ‘going around’ adventure much more daunting.

Dale lost in the sea of crowd

But no complaints. The exercise just made the whole eating experience oh-so-nyom-nyom-nyom even if we did it while sitting down on the sidewalk.

Good luck finding a space here

Sidewalk turned dining area

Of course, it helped that I was with some great people. Even if the activity seems physically demanding, I still believe that nothing beats an adventure shared with individuals close to your heart.

Dale, Phoebe, Roma, Steph, Cyrian

with the NO 1 daddy
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I'm so jealous!!! That looks like it was a fabulous outing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site! :)